Vision and Values
We are a learning community with the children very much at the heart of everything that we do.
Our main aim is to encourage the children to develop a life long love of learning whilst giving them the skills and values to become positive citizens of the future.
We believe that a strong partnership between home and school is the foundation for a successful education and we value the contributions that parents and carers make to the life of the school.
It is important to us that the children have an excellent start in our Early Years Foundation Stage and we recognise the significant role of parents in helping their child to progress.
In order to do this we have developed an exciting and stimulating curriculum to fully engage the children to enjoy learning and make excellent progress. Our curriculum reflects the society in which we live, including, using the latest technology, awareness of cultural diversity, developing tolerance and global responsibility. We are a Rights Respecting School and every child has a voice and a feeling of ownership of the school
As a Forest School, we develop the children’s experience of nature and outdoor spaces by using it as a teaching resource. We teach children to be resilient, resourceful, develop their thinking and collaborative. Through our 4 Rs – Resilience, Reciprocity, Resourcefulness and Reflectiveness.
We are proud to be part of the Co-op Academies Trust and to uphold the Co-op values.
Our Co-op Values
Self-help: We do not expect to be spoon fed – we will try to do things for ourselves in the right way and at the right time.
Self-responsibility: Everyone should act in a responsible way around the academy site and in the local community. We take responsibility for our own learning; we want to become independent learners.Self-help; Self-responsibility; Democracy; Equality; Equity; Solidarity.
Equality: We are proud to be part of a very multi-cultural academy, with students from all over the world; it is important that we treat each other with respect and accept that others may be different from ourselves. We should all of us have equal chances to succeed.
Equity: We want to look for the best in each other. Rewarding others fairly to encourage all types of achievement.
Democracy: We will contribute our ideas to make the academy a success.
Solidarity: We can achieve more by working together, rather than as individuals.
Values are demonstrated in the Co-op ways of being:
We expect everyone to:
- Be resilient and be able to persevere
- Be reflective and take responsibility
- Be resourceful, question and demonstrate inquisitiveness and creativity
- Show reciprocity and be able to co-operate, empathise and respect others
Our aims for the children:
- We value each child as a unique individual
- Each child is supported and encouraged to achieve their best in a nurturing and caring environment
- We have high expectations in a ‘can do’ culture where the children rise to the challenge and take responsibility
- Our curriculum is stimulating and develops the children’s, enjoyment, confidence, ability to think and reason, ability to co-operate and share ideas, resilience and independence
- Our curriculum reflects the society in which we live, including, using the latest technology, awareness of cultural diversity, developing tolerance and global responsibility
- We develop the children’s experience of nature and outdoor spaces by using it as a teaching resource
- We foster a sense of community amongst parents, staff, pupils and the local area developing a sense of social responsibility
- Every child has a voice and a feeling of ownership of the school